Glasgow Meals Branch
Home > Our Branches > Glasgow Meals
Glasgow Community Meals
The service is provided by a dedicated team of 25 Community Assistants and Office staff.
All staff have full PVG clearance and are trained in:
- Object and load handling
- Wellness checks
Our Investors in People Bronze award is a demonstration of our commitment to valuing and developing our staff teams.
Our Community Meals Service includes:
- Meals: Hot and frozen meals delivery
- Cuisine: A dedicated website where hot and frozen meals can be ordered
- Breakfast Provision: Cereal, milk, fruit juice and either a yoghurt or a piece of fruit.
- Home Shopping Facility: Choose from a number of mainly non-perishable items up to a week in advance of when they will be required. We can also provide some fresh items, such as bread.
- Safe and Well Checks: Our current programme focuses on independence, safety, prevention and intervention.
- Peace of mind service: A 15 minute stay, safe and wellbeing checks to further ensure nutrition and liquid intake
We are able to cater for a variety of diets including:
- Modified textured
- Gluten free
- Low fat
- Low salt
- Weight reducing
- Exclusion (e.g. nut-free)
- Energy dense
- Kosher/Halal/Afro-Caribbean and Asian
To speak to us regarding our services in Glasgow please contact 0141 773 2226.
Local Glasgow News
Glasgow café teams up with church to offer Christmas Day dinner to those in need
by Craig Williams on 12th December 2018 at 12:01 am
Glasgow Lives: Stephanie, Strathaven, musician
by Elaine Livingstone on 11th December 2018 at 8:14 pm
Glasgow MP called a 'piece of s**t' in Parliament by fellow minister
by glasgowlive on 11th December 2018 at 7:14 pm
Residents warned to be vigilant after two men access pensioner's home in sheltered complex
by Jennifer Russell on 11th December 2018 at 7:01 pm
Glasgow is the most sung about place in Scotland - and we can see why
by Jennifer Russell on 11th December 2018 at 6:12 pm
Scotland footballer Steven Naismith helps provide festive lunch for Glasgow's homeless
by Colette Crampsey on 11th December 2018 at 5:38 pm
Scotrail is running an alternative route to Edinburgh via Cumbernauld and Springburn
by Isaac Callan on 11th December 2018 at 4:01 pm
Former cycling champion praises Glasgow for 'sorting out' city centre bike paths
by Jennifer Russell on 11th December 2018 at 3:29 pm