Glasgow Meals Branch
Home > Our Branches > Glasgow Meals
Glasgow Community Meals
The service is provided by a dedicated team of 25 Community Assistants and Office staff.
All staff have full PVG clearance and are trained in:
- Object and load handling
- Wellness checks
Our Investors in People Bronze award is a demonstration of our commitment to valuing and developing our staff teams.
Our Community Meals Service includes:
- Meals: Hot and frozen meals delivery
- Cuisine: A dedicated website where hot and frozen meals can be ordered
- Breakfast Provision: Cereal, milk, fruit juice and either a yoghurt or a piece of fruit.
- Home Shopping Facility: Choose from a number of mainly non-perishable items up to a week in advance of when they will be required. We can also provide some fresh items, such as bread.
- Safe and Well Checks: Our current programme focuses on independence, safety, prevention and intervention.
- Peace of mind service: A 15 minute stay, safe and wellbeing checks to further ensure nutrition and liquid intake
We are able to cater for a variety of diets including:
- Modified textured
- Gluten free
- Low fat
- Low salt
- Weight reducing
- Exclusion (e.g. nut-free)
- Energy dense
- Kosher/Halal/Afro-Caribbean and Asian
To speak to us regarding our services in Glasgow please contact 0141 773 2226.
Local Glasgow News
Police activity in Ruchill after concern for person
by firstname.lastname@example.org (Kirsty McKenzie) on 23rd January 2020 at 10:05 pm
Man seriously injured after road crash in south side of Glasgow
by email@example.com (Kirsty McKenzie) on 23rd January 2020 at 8:43 pm
Coronavirus fears grow as Scottish Government confirm five people tested for deadly disease
by firstname.lastname@example.org (Kirsty McKenzie) on 23rd January 2020 at 6:40 pm
Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer concert venue changed from Bellahouston
by email@example.com (Kirsty McKenzie) on 23rd January 2020 at 5:47 pm
Everything you need to know about Glasgow's new Lord Provost Philip Braat
by firstname.lastname@example.org (Christina O'Neill) on 23rd January 2020 at 3:52 pm
Take a tour of this stunning three-bedroom west end property
by email@example.com (Laura Ferguson) on 23rd January 2020 at 3:05 pm
Crumbling tenements in Cessnock and Ibrox to be brought back to life in council housing strategy
by firstname.lastname@example.org (Gillian Loney) on 23rd January 2020 at 2:52 pm
Aer Lingus adds new flights from Glasgow to Dublin
by email@example.com (Magdalene Dalziel) on 23rd January 2020 at 1:58 pm