Glasgow Meals Branch
Home > Our Branches > Glasgow Meals
Glasgow Community Meals
The service is provided by a dedicated team of 25 Community Assistants and Office staff.
All staff have full PVG clearance and are trained in:
- Object and load handling
- Wellness checks
Our Investors in People Bronze award is a demonstration of our commitment to valuing and developing our staff teams.
Our Community Meals Service includes:
- Meals: Hot and frozen meals delivery
- Cuisine: A dedicated website where hot and frozen meals can be ordered
- Breakfast Provision: Cereal, milk, fruit juice and either a yoghurt or a piece of fruit.
- Home Shopping Facility: Choose from a number of mainly non-perishable items up to a week in advance of when they will be required. We can also provide some fresh items, such as bread.
- Safe and Well Checks: Our current programme focuses on independence, safety, prevention and intervention.
- Peace of mind service: A 15 minute stay, safe and wellbeing checks to further ensure nutrition and liquid intake
We are able to cater for a variety of diets including:
- Modified textured
- Gluten free
- Low fat
- Low salt
- Weight reducing
- Exclusion (e.g. nut-free)
- Energy dense
- Kosher/Halal/Afro-Caribbean and Asian
To speak to us regarding our services in Glasgow please contact 0141 773 2226.
Local Glasgow News
Take a tour of this amazing £1 million mansion
by Laura Ferguson on 20th April 2019 at 2:21 pm
Springboig road closed off to drivers after crash
by Magdalene Dalziel on 20th April 2019 at 2:18 pm
Glasgow reacts to Easter weekend 'heatwave'
by Laura Ferguson on 20th April 2019 at 1:59 pm
Attempted murder in Castlemilk park leaves teenager seriously injured
by Laura Ferguson on 20th April 2019 at 1:11 pm
Crash on M73 leaves two men hospitalised
by Laura Ferguson on 20th April 2019 at 12:59 pm
Kelvingrove Park: four teenagers arrested following mass disturbance
by Lewis McKenzie on 20th April 2019 at 12:37 pm
Bishopbriggs fire at The Campsie Bar being treated as wilful by police
by Laura Ferguson on 20th April 2019 at 10:18 am
Glasgow Easter weather: sunshine set to continue until bank holiday Monday
by Laura Ferguson on 20th April 2019 at 8:19 am