Home > Our Branches > Blackburn
Blackburn Domiciliary Care
Our care and support service empowers people with various needs living in Blackburn to maintain their independence and carry on living at home. With over 130 staff working from our office and across Accrington and Whitebirk, Brownhill and Wiltshire, Whalley, Town Moor, and Darwen, we provide person-centred support that enables people to live life to its fullest.
All staff have full DBS clearance and are trained in:
- Care Certificate
- Dementia and challenging behaviour
- Infection control
- Moving and positioning
- Health and safety
- Data protection.
We hold the Investors in People Bronze award, demonstrating our commitment to valuing and developing our staff teams to provide high-quality care.
The services that we offer include:
- Personal care: helping you with bathing, showering, dressing, toileting and other daily tasks
- Domestic care: enabling you to live in a safe and clean home environment by assisting with cleaning, laundry, washing up and other household duties
- Live-in care: a trained and trusted carer lives with you full-time, providing assistance during the night when it is needed
- Sitting service and respite: allowing carers to take a well-deserved break from their responsibilities, ranging from an hour to a holiday, safe in the knowledge their loved one is well
- Reablement: helping you get back on your feet, such as following a trip to hospital, and get your independence back
- Shopping: a trusted care worker makes sure you have the shopping that you want and need
- Meals preparation: providing the support you need with breakfast, lunch, dinner and/or snacks
- Palliative care: care and support to manage symptoms and relieve pain
- End-of-life care: compassionate services that allow you to approach end-of-life in line with your wishes
- 24–hour care: around-the-clock services to manage complex needs
- Wake and watch: reassurance that support is there if you need it during the night
- Medication prompts and administering: care ranging from reminders to directly helping you to take prescribed medication
- Catheter care: preventing infection and supporting continence
- Stoma care: managing the health of the stoma and skin around it to prevent infection
- Diabetic care: providing support with monitoring and managing blood glucose levels and staying safe and well
- Oxygen support care: care and support for people using oxygen therapy, including support with monitoring blood oxygen levels
- Promoting independence: we find out about you and help you live life in the way you choose with greater independence
- Assisting in social activities: spending time with family and friends – or making new ones – with our assistance to attend and take part.
To find out more about what we can do to support you in Blackburn, contact us on 01254 583624.
Local Blackburn News
Police at Blackburn Morrisons after man falls from car park
on 24th January 2020 at 2:54 pm
Metals business set for £10m turnover with new building
on 24th January 2020 at 12:33 pm
Blackburn see transfer offer rejected
on 24th January 2020 at 12:00 pm
Ryan Blackburn to relaunch Ambleside restaurant Kysty
on 24th January 2020 at 11:26 am
28-y/o in: The Birmingham City XI that Clotet should play v Coventry in the FA Cup tomorrow
on 24th January 2020 at 10:52 am
CCTV captures women urinating against house and gate in Blackburn
on 24th January 2020 at 10:30 am
RAF Regiment welcomes first female gunner
on 24th January 2020 at 10:07 am
Blackburn Rovers lead race to sign Rio Ave defender, Bristol City target West Ham United striker ...
on 24th January 2020 at 9:11 am