Home > Our Branches > Blackburn
Blackburn Community Care
Our care and support service empowers people with various needs living in Blackburn to maintain their independence and carry on living at home. With over 130 staff working from our office and across Accrington and Whitebirk, Brownhill and Wiltshire, Whalley, Town Moor, and Darwen, we provide person-centred support that enables people to live life to its fullest.
All staff have full DBS clearance and are trained in:
- Care Certificate
- Dementia and challenging behaviour
- Infection control
- Moving and positioning
- Health and safety
- Data protection.
We hold the Investors in People Bronze award, demonstrating our commitment to valuing and developing our staff teams to provide high-quality care.
The services that we offer include:
- Personal care: helping you with bathing, showering, dressing, toileting and other daily tasks
- Domestic care: enabling you to live in a safe and clean home environment by assisting with cleaning, laundry, washing up and other household duties
- Live-in care: a trained and trusted carer lives with you full-time, providing assistance during the night when it is needed
- Sitting service and respite: allowing carers to take a well-deserved break from their responsibilities, ranging from an hour to a holiday, safe in the knowledge their loved one is well
- Reablement: helping you get back on your feet, such as following a trip to hospital, and get your independence back
- Shopping: a trusted care worker makes sure you have the shopping that you want and need
- Meals preparation: providing the support you need with breakfast, lunch, dinner and/or snacks
- Palliative care: care and support to manage symptoms and relieve pain
- End-of-life care: compassionate services that allow you to approach end-of-life in line with your wishes
- 24–hour care: around-the-clock services to manage complex needs
- Wake and watch: reassurance that support is there if you need it during the night
- Medication prompts and administering: care ranging from reminders to directly helping you to take prescribed medication
- Catheter care: preventing infection and supporting continence
- Stoma care: managing the health of the stoma and skin around it to prevent infection
- Diabetic care: providing support with monitoring and managing blood glucose levels and staying safe and well
- Oxygen support care: care and support for people using oxygen therapy, including support with monitoring blood oxygen levels
- Promoting independence: we find out about you and help you live life in the way you choose with greater independence
- Assisting in social activities: spending time with family and friends – or making new ones – with our assistance to attend and take part.
To find out more about what we can do to support you in Blackburn, contact us on 01254 583624.
I wanted to write to you to epress the gratitude of the whole family for the dedication, care and friendship shown to our Mum Molly from all staff at Icare. Mum had been a client from 2008 when her needs were minimal but the care was not. Over the years her needs increased so did her package and the number of staff who cared for her. She not only looked upon them as carers but friends as did the family as we got to know them. You were always supportive when we had any questions and always helped to ensure Mum had all she needed. The concern shown by all staff when Mum was in hospital was heartwarming for us as a family. There have been many staff over the years who cared for Mum but most recently Sultana, Judith, Caroline, Shabana and Khatiji have been her regular carers. They all knew her so well that her care was streamlined and effective and we can’t thank them enough. Mum has now moved into 24 hour care but she has only been able to stay at home as long as she did due to the care and support from you all.
Blackburn Testimonial #1
Local Blackburn News
EFL clubs approve contract rule changes which could affect Blackburn Rovers & Preston North End
EFL clubs approve contract rule changes which could affect Blackburn Rovers & Preston North End. There are four main changes to contractual ...
Blackburn's and Preston's Championship rivals call for £7.4m parachute payment upon relegation
Blackburn's and Preston's Championship rivals call for £7.4m parachute payment upon relegation. The EFL have announced plans for the ...
Quiz: The 15-question Blackburn Rovers higher or lower quiz – Can you get 15/15?
Blackburn Rovers will be hoping to hit the ground running and kick-start their play-off push should the Championship restart as planned on the 20th 0f ...
Baby taken to hospital after van crashes into pavement on Burnley Road
The crash happened at around 6pm on Monday close to the traffic lights at the junction of Blackburn Road and Burnley Road in Edenfield.
Blackburn neighbours celebrating after big lottery win
FIFTEEN people in Blackburn were celebrating over the weekend after winning £1,000 each thanks to their lucky postcode. The Maricourt Avenue ...
Premier League XIs: The S-team is simply superb…
The French defender has some serious competition in the shape of Spanish defender Michel Salgado, who played for Blackburn Rovers in his ...
Stoke City hoping for friendly against Preston North End or Blackburn Rovers
North End have beaten Stoke twice this season - 3-1 at Deepdale and 2-0 at the bet365 Stadium - Blackburn Rovers also took three points away from ...
Final piece of jigsaw for £1.65m link road at 'ugly' Darwen site
Blackburn with Darwen Council's growth boss Cllr Phil Riley has authorised the sign-off of guarantees covering a £1.4million grant from the ...