Home > Our Branches > Wigan
Wigan Community Meals
The service is provided by a dedicated team of 25 Community Assistants and Office staff.
All staff have full DBS clearance and are trained in:
- Object and load handling
- Wellness checks
Our Investors in People Bronze award is a demonstration of our commitment to valuing and developing our staff teams.
Our Community Meals Service includes:
- Meals: Hot and frozen meals delivery
- Cuisine: A dedicated website where hot and frozen meals can be ordered
- Breakfast Provision: Cereal, milk, fruit juice and either a yoghurt or a piece of fruit.
- Home Shopping Facility: Choose from a number of mainly non-perishable items up to a week in advance of when they will be required. We can also provide some fresh items, such as bread.
- Safe and Well Checks: Our current programme focuses on independence, safety, prevention and intervention.
- Peace of mind service: A 15 minute stay, safe and wellbeing checks to further ensure nutrition and liquid intake
We are able to cater for a variety of diets including:
- Modified textured
- Gluten free
- Low fat
- Low salt
- Weight reducing
- Exclusion (e.g. nut-free)
- Energy dense
- Kosher/Halal/Afro-Caribbean and Asian
To speak to us regarding our services in Wigan please contact 01942 820 079.
Local Wigan News
Leicester City title-winner reveals he wanted 2013 Derby County loan move
on 2nd June 2020 at 8:03 am
Fatal missed opportunities for Wigan people with severe mental illness
on 2nd June 2020 at 7:52 am
EXCLUSIVE: Bateman in talks to walk out on NRL in $3.5m return to Super League
on 2nd June 2020 at 4:06 am
'I'd have been into him': George Williams' Wigan coach thought he was just OK against Storm
on 1st June 2020 at 10:49 pm
Shaun Wane on the John Bateman rumours... and 'over the top' praise for George Williams
on 1st June 2020 at 9:00 pm
Every Championship fixture predicted - how it impacts Preston North End, Blackburn Rovers and ...
on 1st June 2020 at 4:57 pm
Treble winners – Bradford Bulls
on 1st June 2020 at 4:41 pm
Heinz factory tells Gregg Wallace it had to order an extra 800 tonnes of ingredients to make an ...
on 1st June 2020 at 3:57 pm