Home > Our Branches > Wigan
Wigan Community Meals
The service is provided by a dedicated team of 25 Community Assistants and Office staff.
All staff have full DBS clearance and are trained in:
- Object and load handling
- Wellness checks
Our Investors in People Bronze award is a demonstration of our commitment to valuing and developing our staff teams.
Our Community Meals Service includes:
- Meals: Hot and frozen meals delivery
- Cuisine: A dedicated website where hot and frozen meals can be ordered
- Breakfast Provision: Cereal, milk, fruit juice and either a yoghurt or a piece of fruit.
- Home Shopping Facility: Choose from a number of mainly non-perishable items up to a week in advance of when they will be required. We can also provide some fresh items, such as bread.
- Safe and Well Checks: Our current programme focuses on independence, safety, prevention and intervention.
- Peace of mind service: A 15 minute stay, safe and wellbeing checks to further ensure nutrition and liquid intake
We are able to cater for a variety of diets including:
- Modified textured
- Gluten free
- Low fat
- Low salt
- Weight reducing
- Exclusion (e.g. nut-free)
- Energy dense
- Kosher/Halal/Afro-Caribbean and Asian
To speak to us regarding our services in Wigan please contact 01942 820 079.
Local Wigan News
Last English footballers playing abroad return home after lower-league Swedish football is ...
on 28th March 2020 at 10:35 pm
In pictures: Sobering snaps of the John Smith's Stadium looking deserted during lockdown
on 28th March 2020 at 8:48 pm
At least 63 people have died in Greater Manchester's hospitals after contracting coronavirus, NHS ...
on 28th March 2020 at 7:18 pm
North West coronavirus map shows sharp increase in cases through region
on 28th March 2020 at 6:56 pm
'Great move…' – Exclusive: Whelan raves as Everton work on Liverpool-born signing
on 28th March 2020 at 6:00 pm
Expansionists: Where are they now? London Broncos
on 28th March 2020 at 5:03 pm
Barrow bakery known for its popular pies rates 'one out of five' for food hygiene
on 28th March 2020 at 4:52 pm
Latest figures for coronavirus cases in borough now confirmed
on 28th March 2020 at 4:18 pm