Home > Our Branches > Wigan
Wigan Community Meals
The service is provided by a dedicated team of 25 Community Assistants and Office staff.
All staff have full DBS clearance and are trained in:
- Object and load handling
- Wellness checks
Our Investors in People Bronze award is a demonstration of our commitment to valuing and developing our staff teams.
Our Community Meals Service includes:
- Meals: Hot and frozen meals delivery
- Cuisine: A dedicated website where hot and frozen meals can be ordered
- Breakfast Provision: Cereal, milk, fruit juice and either a yoghurt or a piece of fruit.
- Home Shopping Facility: Choose from a number of mainly non-perishable items up to a week in advance of when they will be required. We can also provide some fresh items, such as bread.
- Safe and Well Checks: Our current programme focuses on independence, safety, prevention and intervention.
- Peace of mind service: A 15 minute stay, safe and wellbeing checks to further ensure nutrition and liquid intake
We are able to cater for a variety of diets including:
- Modified textured
- Gluten free
- Low fat
- Low salt
- Weight reducing
- Exclusion (e.g. nut-free)
- Energy dense
- Kosher/Halal/Afro-Caribbean and Asian
To speak to us regarding our services in Wigan please contact 01942 820 079.
Local Wigan News
Arson probe as vandals send play area up in flames
on 18th February 2019 at 9:33 pm
Roosters reign supreme in World Club Challenge
on 18th February 2019 at 9:22 pm
James Maloney doubts Roosters can become first back-to-back NRL champions since Brisbane in ...
on 18th February 2019 at 7:41 pm
MATCH REPORT | Wigan Warriors 8-20 Sydney Roosters
on 18th February 2019 at 6:00 pm
Wigan Warriors paid price for soft defending against Sydney Roosters but must be saluted
on 18th February 2019 at 5:25 pm
Living area of apartment destroyed by fire
on 18th February 2019 at 5:15 pm
Film review - Alita: Battle Angel
on 18th February 2019 at 4:18 pm
World Club Challenge, Super League and Championship talking points
on 18th February 2019 at 4:07 pm