Home > Our Branches > Wigan
Wigan Community Meals
The service is provided by a dedicated team of 25 Community Assistants and Office staff.
All staff have full DBS clearance and are trained in:
- Object and load handling
- Wellness checks
Our Investors in People Bronze award is a demonstration of our commitment to valuing and developing our staff teams.
Our Community Meals Service includes:
- Meals: Hot and frozen meals delivery
- Cuisine: A dedicated website where hot and frozen meals can be ordered
- Breakfast Provision: Cereal, milk, fruit juice and either a yoghurt or a piece of fruit.
- Home Shopping Facility: Choose from a number of mainly non-perishable items up to a week in advance of when they will be required. We can also provide some fresh items, such as bread.
- Safe and Well Checks: Our current programme focuses on independence, safety, prevention and intervention.
- Peace of mind service: A 15 minute stay, safe and wellbeing checks to further ensure nutrition and liquid intake
We are able to cater for a variety of diets including:
- Modified textured
- Gluten free
- Low fat
- Low salt
- Weight reducing
- Exclusion (e.g. nut-free)
- Energy dense
- Kosher/Halal/Afro-Caribbean and Asian
To speak to us regarding our services in Wigan please contact 01942 820 079.
Local Wigan News
Man waving knife around on busy street disarmed by police
on 22nd August 2019 at 10:30 pm
Homeless concert raises £100000
on 22nd August 2019 at 10:07 pm
Morrisons sheds 400 jobs as it closes four stores
on 22nd August 2019 at 7:18 pm
The players aiming to bring the Challenge Cup back to St Helens
on 22nd August 2019 at 6:56 pm
QPR v Wigan Athletic live stream available
on 22nd August 2019 at 5:26 pm
Angel Rangel could make QPR return against Wigan
on 22nd August 2019 at 4:41 pm
Boro captain Friend faces fitness race
on 22nd August 2019 at 4:30 pm
Generous gran is the new face of community charity
on 22nd August 2019 at 4:18 pm