Home > Our Branches > Wigan
Wigan Community Meals
The service is provided by a dedicated team of 25 Community Assistants and Office staff.
All staff have full DBS clearance and are trained in:
- Object and load handling
- Wellness checks
Our Investors in People Bronze award is a demonstration of our commitment to valuing and developing our staff teams.
Our Community Meals Service includes:
- Meals: Hot and frozen meals delivery
- Cuisine: A dedicated website where hot and frozen meals can be ordered
- Breakfast Provision: Cereal, milk, fruit juice and either a yoghurt or a piece of fruit.
- Home Shopping Facility: Choose from a number of mainly non-perishable items up to a week in advance of when they will be required. We can also provide some fresh items, such as bread.
- Safe and Well Checks: Our current programme focuses on independence, safety, prevention and intervention.
- Peace of mind service: A 15 minute stay, safe and wellbeing checks to further ensure nutrition and liquid intake
We are able to cater for a variety of diets including:
- Modified textured
- Gluten free
- Low fat
- Low salt
- Weight reducing
- Exclusion (e.g. nut-free)
- Energy dense
- Kosher/Halal/Afro-Caribbean and Asian
To speak to us regarding our services in Wigan please contact 01942 820 079.
Local Wigan News
Strasbourg shooting: The latest
on 11th December 2018 at 7:52 pm
Report: Crystal Palace weighing up January loan for Bournemouth's Jermain Defoe
on 11th December 2018 at 6:00 pm
I'd love to stay at Wigan Athletic, admits Nathan Byrne
on 11th December 2018 at 5:15 pm
MPs slam Brexit chaos and demand answers on path forward
on 11th December 2018 at 4:18 pm
Family of Wigan man on life support hit back after rumours of his death spread
on 11th December 2018 at 3:56 pm
Wigan estate gets winter clean up thanks to activist
on 11th December 2018 at 3:33 pm
Being dropped by Wigan Athletic 'woke me up', admits Lee Evans
on 11th December 2018 at 2:37 pm
Championship Power Rankings: Aston Villa's Anwar El Ghazi top
on 11th December 2018 at 2:03 pm