Home > Our Branches > Wakefield
Wakefield Community Meals
The service is provided by a dedicated team of 20 Community Assistants and Office staff.
All staff have full DBS clearance and are trained in:
- Object and load handling
- Wellness checks
Our Investors in People Bronze award is a demonstration of our commitment to valuing and developing our staff teams.
Our Community Meals Service includes:
- Meals: Hot and frozen meals delivery
- Cuisine: A dedicated website where hot and frozen meals can be ordered
- Breakfast Provision: Cereal, milk, fruit juice and either a yoghurt or a piece of fruit.
- Home Shopping Facility: Choose from a number of mainly non-perishable items up to a week in advance of when they will be required. We can also provide some fresh items, such as bread.
- Safe and Well Checks: Our current programme focuses on independence, safety, prevention and intervention.
- Peace of mind service: A 15 minute stay, safe and wellbeing checks to further ensure nutrition and liquid intake
We are able to cater for a variety of diets including:
- Modified textured
- Gluten free
- Low fat
- Low salt
- Weight reducing
- Exclusion (e.g. nut-free)
- Energy dense
- Kosher/Halal/Afro-Caribbean and Asian
To speak to us regarding our services in Wakefield please contact 0845 604 1125.
Just wanted to say a big thank you to all the staff at the Wakefield office. The young lady who left me a message and I spoke to later was most helpful and sympathetic. I can’t thank Brian the delivery man enough, he went beyond the call of duty and it was appreciated by all the family. Thank you once again.
Wakefield Testimonial #1
I particularly like the active role management staff play in our service. Our numbers are being checked and there is a general feeling of positivity and proactiveness. It feels as though everyone at Icare is genuinely working to make the service better and to look after its staff members.
Wakefield Testimonial #2
I particularly like knowing that we are helping people to stay independent in their homes by providing the service we do. I also like the flexibility that is provided to me as a working single mum.
Wakefield Testimonial #3
Local Wakefield News
Worldwide survey: Post-pandemic working will not be the same as in the past
on 2nd June 2020 at 5:26 am
Bus firms in Yorkshire start 'limited passengers' policy
on 1st June 2020 at 10:07 am
The Beat Reschedule 40th Anniversary UK And Ireland Tour To Summer 2021
on 1st June 2020 at 9:11 am