Home > Our Branches > Tameside
Tameside Community Meals
The service is provided by a dedicated team of 50 Community Assistants and Office staff.
All staff have full DBS clearance and are trained in:
- Object and load handling
- Wellness checks
Our Investors in People Bronze award is a demonstration of our commitment to valuing and developing our staff teams.
Our Community Meals Service includes:
- Meals: Hot and frozen meals delivery
- Cuisine: A dedicated website where hot and frozen meals can be ordered
- Breakfast Provision: Cereal, milk, fruit juice and either a yoghurt or a piece of fruit.
- Home Shopping Facility: Choose from a number of mainly non-perishable items up to a week in advance of when they will be required. We can also provide some fresh items, such as bread.
- Safe and Well Checks: Our current programme focuses on independence, safety, prevention and intervention.
- Peace of mind service: A 15 minute stay, safe and wellbeing checks to further ensure nutrition and liquid intake
We are able to cater for a variety of diets including:
- Modified textured
- Gluten free
- Low fat
- Low salt
- Weight reducing
- Exclusion (e.g. nut-free)
- Energy dense
- Kosher/Halal/Afro-Caribbean and Asian
To speak to us regarding our services in Tameside, Trafford, Cheshire, Stockport and Bury please contact 0161 339 3090.
It’s good to know that my line manager cares about the people who use our services and my colleagues who work hard in the kitchen preparing and packing the meals ready for transport, the drivers and myself who head out daily through wind, rain, snow and storm to present our customers with a hot meal in a pleasant and well mannered way. Not forgetting the the ladies in the office who liaise with our customers and suppliers, who maintain the lines of communication between the office, my colleagues and with the families and carers of our clients. My work with ICare allows me to do something I really enjoy, I like the interaction with our customers chatting about holidays, sport, current affairs, listening to their opinions and stories. I enjoy meeting their families and other community care/support workers, together we’re helping vulnerable people maintain their independence. It’s true what I’ve heard said about the postman occasionally leaving a letter, that the milkman doesn’t leave bottles anymore because the careers leave several days supply of milk in the fridge but the meals on wheels delivery driver brings in the dinner and for a short time replaces the loneliness with laughter, a chat and a smile. Working in the community has taught me so much about myself. Knowing that I’m able to help people in the community by supporting their wellbeing means that I go home happy in the knowledge that I make a difference. I can say that working with icare and in the community is the most rewarding job I’ve ever done!
Tameside Testimonial #1
Please pass on our appreciation for your friendly and reliable service. Your service was part of a care package that enabled Mum to stay in our family home.
Tameside Testimonial #2